Job title: WSP Counsellor
Job description: Workplace Support Programs (WSP) Counsellor
Workplace Support Programs, Employee Support Solutions
Fort McMurray, AB
Permanent Full time
Workplace Support Programs (WSP) :
A group of programs designed to address mental health concerns in the workplace. Lifework’s Workplace Support Program offers the industry’s earliest intervention into employee mental health issues that require a solution beyond short-term EAP support or as part of a disability case management treatment plan. The programs provide professional assessment and counselling to support an individual’s return to healthy productivity. These clinical interventions address issues requiring longer-term, more specialized or more intensive levels of care in order to prevent or manage workplace performance problems, absence and disability.
*COVID-19: this role will be remote/work from home for the time of the pandemic.
Reporting to the Regional Clinical Director, you will be providing in-person counselling services for Lifework’s Workplace Support Programs (WSP).
- Group insurance plan as of the first day of employment;
- Generous vacation policy;
- Paid professional development days;
- Office space provided by Lifeworks (while social distancing measures are in place, this role will be a remote work from home position);
- Clinical supervision available;
- Flexible schedule.
Succeeding as a WSP Counsellor – Workplace Support Programs you will be required to have the following core qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in Counselling, Psychology, or Social Work;
- Registration with a College or Professional Association
- Prominent substance abuse assessment, mental health assessment skills
- Ability to adapt to clinical supervision
- Ability to assess all types of psycho-social disorders and develop treatment plans;
- Ability to use or have knowledge of clinical assessment tools;
- Able to write reports in a clear and concise manner;
- Experience and expertise with mandated clients;
- Basic knowledge of community resources and case management skills;
- Competency with computer skills, MS office
- Ability to work remotely and also collaborate in a team environment
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Job date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 00:27:42 GMT