Lifemark Health Group
Job title: Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist
Company: Lifemark Health Group
Job description: Description
Position at Lifemark Health Group
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist – Calgary, AB
We are seeking a Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist to be an essential team member in Calgary and area. In this role, you will make a difference in the lives of our clients by determining their transferable skills, employment barriers and identifying suitable employment opportunities through . You will work in collaboration with the referral source to provide individualized job search support services including resume, cover letter, job search and employment preparation support. Additionally, you will use your knowledge of the labour market to assist clients in returning to the workforce, by matching available clients with prospective employers who have work experience and employment opportunities. You will be responsible for facilitating regular workshops on employment preparation topics and providing individualized support. A successful candidate will have experience networking to build relationships with employers and industry professionals and have a solid understanding of the labour market.
We are seeking someone that has strong analytical capabilities to communicate and assess clients and their needs. This individual will be responsible for sharing complex issues, and will need to thrive in the facilitation of conflict resolution. This person will draw on their experience with disabling conditions and therapies such as work conditioning, psychometric testing, vocational evaluation, and transferable skills assessment.
- Assessing the vocational potential of clients through in-depth personal interviews and the evaluation of work experience, educational background and medical conditions
- Assessing transferrable skills and employment barriers
- Conducting labour market surveys; identifying and matching transferable skills to current labour trends
- Developing job readiness by identifying challenges, barriers and assistance they may need to gain meaningful employment
- Assessing and addressing individual needs, barriers, and complexities and developing and managing service plans
- Guiding clients to prepare for work including but not limited to resume writing, job search techniques/skills, interview preparation, and job placement assistance. A major component of this role is coaching clients to facilitate change for themselves through goal setting interventions.
- Providing direct participant services including: facilitating employment preparation workshops, posting notices, managing social media accounts, developing and presenting information on professional resumes and job search skills, attending hiring fairs, coordinating and facilitating employment boot camp events
- Supporting clients by assisting in the coordination of services for the individual’s rehabilitation and return to work plan; may include interviews with physicians or other multidisciplinary health professionals
- Contacting employers (cold calling, networking, events, etc.) and developing a strong network of employer contacts
- Preparing complete reports that include rehabilitation plans that adhere to defined timelines and provide expert advice for the client and all stakeholders involved (internal and external)
- This position is mobile as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (kinesiology, health sciences, rehabilitation etc.) or other transferable post-secondary education. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- The designation of any of the following: Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CCRC), Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Certified Vocational Evaluator (CVE), or Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP), alongside membership the Vocational Rehabilitation Association in Canada considered highly advantageous
- Knowledge of procedures and resources for assessing transferable skills, completing labour market surveys, and community resources for providing vocational rehabilitation service
- Career and employment counselling, job development/placement and marketing, case management, facilitation experience an asset
- Candidates should have a strong understanding of the Alberta labour market; knowledge specific to the supply chain sector an asset
- Familiarity with NOC system
- Sensitivity to learning limitations that may be present with participants
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Knowledgeable with social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, as well as key job search sites including Glassdoor, Indeed, CareerBuilder for job searching and applications
- Ability to lesson plan for multiple levels of learning across various ages and abilities
- Outstanding teamwork and interpersonal skills
- An excellent understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity
- Security background check required
Apply today! Please visit us at www.lifemarkhealthgroup.ca for additional details about the company.
Location: Calgary, AB
Job date: Sun, 03 May 2020 22:31:36 GMT