Vancouver Coastal Health
Job title: Vocational Rehabilitation Counsellor
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health
Job description: Job Description
Job Title: Vocational Rehabilitation CounsellorWork Site: Hope Center, Lions Gate Hospital – North Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Full Time Start Date: As soon as possible until approximately March 2021Salary: $34.95 – $43.58 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and Statutory Holidays Reference#: 135422-rro
Come work as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counsellor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Vocational Rehabilitation Counsellor to join the team at Lions Gate Hospital.
As a Vocational Rehabilitation Counsellor at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide a specialized vocational rehabilitation counselling service to assist clients with mental health issues to explore vocational potential and address barriers to employment.
- Receiving referrals, screening and assessing clients’ vocational potential;
- Developing vocational plans, counselling, collaborating with members of the interdisciplinary team to integrate vocational goals into the treatment plan;
- Conducting job development;
- Directing marketing and job search activities in collaboration with community employers;
- Negotiating job accommodations and workplace agreements;
- Advocating on behalf of the client in returning to the workforce, contacting insurers and previous employers to assist with return to work;
- Monitoring client progress.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver’s North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ”going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master of Arts Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counselling plus one years’ recent related experience working with individuals with a severe and persistent mental illness or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certification or eligible to apply for Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CCRC), Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CRC) and/or Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of mental health conditions, disease processes and understanding of the ways in which health conditions affect employability.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Knowledge of human rights legislation as it pertains to disability and employment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated vocational rehabilitation counselling skills, including intake and assessment skills, individual and group counselling skills, case formulation skills, case management skills, and goal planning skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Individual Placement and Support Model.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, and clients and their families, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability/sensitivity to working with a diverse population of clients with mental health-related barriers to employment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment including word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 23:57:33 GMT