Job title: Video journalist/Radio Reporter (News/Sports Reporter/Announcer)
Job description: At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading Communications Company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees. If you’re passionate, driven, and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges, and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Media is Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, and digital media, including CTV – Canada’s #1 television network, and the country’s most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell’s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Bell Media is looking for a Video Journalist/Radio Reporter to join the news reporting team for CFTK-TV, EZ Rock 99.1, and Pure Country BC North based out of Prince Rupert, BC. The primary responsibility of the Video Journalist/Radio Reporter is to track down stories, attend news events, and edit and produce stories for radio, television, and the web. The beat reporter provides the flexibility to cover news conferences, breaking news stories, and regularly scheduled news conferences across the Northwest. Located at our studios in Prince Rupert, BC, the Video Journalist/Radio Reporter will be part of a team of reporters and anchors covering the Northwest BC region from the Bulkley Valley and Lakes District to the North Coast and up to the Alaska Border.
- Develop community contacts through the North Coast and Haida Gwaii
- Attend and report on news events, chase stories, and follow up on files.
- Write, edit, and produce stories for television, radio, and the web on a daily basis.
- Work with team members to develop story ideas and co-ordinate news coverage.
- Attend City Council and School Board meetings in Prince Rupert , along with other community meetings.
- Anchor radio newscasts when required.
- Attend weekly news department conference call meeting Wednesday at 10:20am to provide input on news department issues and story coverage.
- Works on special projects such as features and long-form stories when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized Broadcast/Journalism Program or equivalent experience
- Experience and demonstrated ability to operate ENG camera and editing equipment
- Knowledge of Burli Newsroom System or similar audio editing program.
- Knowledge of Final Cut video editing suite or similar video editing system.
- Preferred 1 – 3 years experience in a similar or related position.
- A valid driver’s license and your own vehicle is absolutely essential (abstract may be required)
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Mature, calm, and professional manner.
- Strong communication, writing, and creativity.
- Able to take instruction with ease; willing to learn
- Represent Bell Media with integrity, respect, and mature judgment
- Strong references
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media – Talent
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Prince Rupert
Application Deadline: 10/30/2020
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Job date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 01:12:34 GMT