Job title: Tim Horton’s Cashier- Full Time/ Part Time- Ottawa
Company: Compass Group
Job description: You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we’re here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Wage: $14.35/ Hour
Schedule: Various Shifts (Full Time and Part Time)
Location: 501 smyth rd, Tim Hortons, Ottawa
Performs cashiering duties, including making cash transactions, verifying cash drawer, giving change, counting cash receipts and completing cash reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform sales transactions in a timely fashion.
- Enter all sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded.
- Follow standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
- Interact with customers and resolve customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage standards.
- Ensure compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all sanitation, and safety requirements.
- Make recommendations, cross-sell products and introduce new ones.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Cashiers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving
- Familiar with the use of a cash register is an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal.)
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact for further information.
Expected salary: $14.35 per hour
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 22:59:39 GMT