Job title: Technical Writer
Job description: As a Technical UX Writer at Vendasta, your goal is to craft intuitive, delightful experiences for our users. You’ll do so by approaching product design from a content-first perspective.
You’ll be part of a UX team consisting of Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, and Front-end Developers. Together, you’ll produce intuitive and informative products for marketing agencies and local businesses. Developing a deep understanding of Vendasta’s target market-including industry/domain, key user personas, common vernacular, and patterns in behaviour-will be essential for success.
You will work closely with GMs, Product Designers, stakeholders, and end-users. As the ideal candidate, you possess exceptional communication skills, are detail-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate would be someone who:
- Has a background in ecommerce and WordPress
- Considers themselves a teacher-has a passion for ensuring that others fully understand how systems work
- Is able to explain complex concepts and problems concisely and translate them into easy-to-understand interactive experiences
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team, especially the product designer, to plan and build functional and intuitive applications
- Develop clear and consistent nomenclature, a content style guide, and best practices to be used across applications and communication channels
- Write high-quality technical content for Vendasta-UI copy, instructional text, system help, tooltips, onboarding systems, software release articles, etc.
- Ensure in-app information is consistent, easy to find, easy to understand, and presented at the right moment in the user workflow
- Assist with information architecture initiatives to determine proper navigation hierarchy, page structure, information schema, and content flexibility/repurposability.
- Produce content models to clearly define required content types and their relationships to one another.
- Develop relationships with Vendasta Partners to understand their industry and ensure our system communicates with them effectively utilizing familiar terminology
- Work closely with Product Managers, Stakeholders, UX Designers, and Developers to define content requirements and achieve business goals; work collaboratively with other departments (Success, Marketing, etc.)
- Evaluate usability of current and upcoming system features and provide constructive suggestions for improvement
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Preference given to those educated in UX, Marketing/Communications, and/or Computer Sciences
- 3+ years creating online/digital content
- Experience with technical writing and content strategy preferred
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong communication, time-management, and teamwork skills
- Experience in developing a content strategy for large-scale, interactive systems that span multiple applications and communication channels
- A diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates writing for user interfaces
- Proven ability to collaborate on complex projects to translate concepts into easy-to-understand interactive experiences
- Experience planning for and developing useful, usable content including instructional text, error and confirmation messages, support content, etc.
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Job date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 06:34:44 GMT