Reel One Entertainment
Job title: Tax Credit Analyst, Burnaby, B.C
Company: Reel One Entertainment
Job description: TAX CREDIT ANALYST
Reel One Entertainment, a Newen (TF1 Group) company, is a dynamic international television production and distribution company with offices in Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles and London. Reel One leads the way in the development, financing, production and distribution of high-quality TV programming, and is one of the largest suppliers in the niche of highly commercial TV movies and series.
Please visit for more information.
Champlain Media West, a fast-paced, busy Vancouver studio located in Burnaby, BC and associated with Reel One Entertainment, is looking for an energetic and talented Tax Credit Analyst to join our national Business Affairs – Tax Credit team.
As Tax Credit Analyst your role will be to administer tax credits for our productions.
- Review budgets and supporting documentation to ensure projects are both compliant and maximizing available incentives
- Draft tax credit estimates and actuals based on budgets and cost reports
- Track costs to ensure compliance (non-Canadian and non-Provincial costs)
- Ensure tax credit and Canadian-content qualification during pre-production, following up during production, and at final cost stage
- Maintain spreadsheets to track status of tax credit process
- Liaise primarily with BC business affairs team, production accounting, corporate finance, and tax credit department colleagues, to keep informed about the relevant production details, and to seamlessly connect the projects among the departments from a tax credit and Canadian-content perspective
- Work with Tax Credit Assistant to administer and submit tax credit applications, and help Assistant to respond to analysts throughout the process
- Work closely with corporate finance and support the tax credit department head in streamlining the production-corporate tax credit process, including audits, year ends, etc., collaborating on efficiencies and improved processes as the company grows
- Report to the Tax Credit department head, keeping him/her informed on all relevant Champlain Media West tax credit and Canadian-content details, and provide support as needed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 years related experience, including 3 years experience in tax credit and/or business affairs administration
- Strong knowledge of BC film and television incentives, including both service and content tax credits, grants and other financial incentives.
- Knowledge of co-production structures (inter-provincial and international).
- Comfortability interpreting governing guidelines, tax regulations, and other legal language
- Good judgement and strong business sense, with ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to summarize and translate complicated language and numerical calculations to key stakeholders.
- Pro-active, highly organized and keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent professional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate well and frequently, with internal and external parties, via electronic means such as video conference, instant messenger, etc.
- Title and salary to be commensurate with experience.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Job date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 22:31:14 GMT