Job title: Staff Scientist – Wetlands
Job description: Science North is a dynamic organization where every day is as unique as a snowflake. We are seeking to fill the position of Staff Scientist responsible for the Wetlands Lab. As a biologist in the Wetlands Lab, you will be responsible for leading the visitor experience by developing and delivering unique exhibits, workshops, presentations and school programs. The Staff Scientist of the Wetlands Lab is directly involved in the care of our animal ambassadors.
Staff Scientists are the core of our Science Program unit; they plan, develop, implement and deliver science experiences. They create and deliver exhibits, school programs, public workshops, science shows and outreach programs. They work on science experiences for external clients, including other science centres and museums worldwide. They work with a team of staff and volunteers and act as mentors to ensure strong, credible, fun and entertaining experiences for people of all ages.
The Staff Scientist will play an instrumental role in the operations of the centre and as such will be required to work weekends on a rotational basis. This is a full-time position.
The successful candidate will have a degree in animal biology or a related discipline. Fluency in English and French is required (both spoken and written), as well as strong communication and creative development skills and some supervisory experience.
This long-term position is supported by an excellent compensation package:
· Starting at $42,600
· Annual performance and merit increase consideration
· Participation in the goal based commission and bonus plans
· Comprehensive group benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/travel insurance, short and long term disability coverage
· Pension plan following one year
· Free or discounted admission to partner attractions outside Sudbury, Science North facilities and program discounts, fitness membership contribution
· Professional development opportunities
· Minimum 3 weeks’ vacation with incremental entitlements of one week after 8 and 15 yrs of service
Apply on line at [ http://sciencenorth.ca/employment ]http://sciencenorth.ca/employment quoting Job Number 1-045. Deadline for applications is September 24, 2017. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North’s selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Expected salary: $42600 per year
Location: Sudbury, ON
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 01:37:31 GMT