Job title: Solutions Specialist-VMware
Job description: Sales Technical jobs can be rewarding and exciting. Technology sales jobs with CDW can be doubly so as we are the technology experts’ Canadian companies turn to most to solve all their IT needs. An innovative Fortune 200 leader, we believe in building meaningful customer relationships through innovative technology solutions and the dedicated efforts and talents of our IT Sales Representatives and Partner Success Specialists.
The CDW Solutions Specialist position is focused on supporting CDW Account Managers with technical presales questions on a specifically assigned vendor partner while conducting proactive activities to increase sales. Partner Specialists will have direct day-to-day contact with CDW Account Managers and engagement with customers. The Partner Specialist role is also responsible for educating Account Managers on the technologies and resources available to them for their assigned vendor partner.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate and support sales team opportunities with expert technical knowledge
- Pre-sales customer support, ensuring prompt review in tight alignment with customer’s requirement and portfolio of products.
- Support customers with licensing or product questions.
- Support SAs with the technical development of customized solutions.
- Support sales teams driving renewals rate.
- Consult with the Sales team, providing renewal quotes, overcoming objections, and adjusting proposals as required to ensure the best solution is presented to the customer.
- Collaborate with the Partner and Product Management, Inside Sales, and Field Sales teams to build out a go-to-market strategy, deliver value proposition and increase sales within target accounts.
- Collaborate with the Partner Management (PPM) team in creating messaging and promotions that directly align with the specific customer set that is being supported.
- Identify key individual decision-makers and customer targets and liaison with sales to uncover opportunities with customers.
- Build market awareness of CDW and our partner businesses through participation in local/regional industry events, organizations, and affiliations.
- Complete scorecards identifying sales engagements and sales pipelines.
- Support the extensive partner product portfolio not limited to, but mainly focused on, endpoint security/mobility (Carbon Black), VDI solutions (Horizon), and Device Management (Workspace One).
What you need to succeed:
- College Professional Diploma; or Bachelor’s degree; or work experience in IT technical position, sales or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build strong relationships both within CDW, as well as partners and customers
- Aptitude to work with Executive and C-Level contacts within CDW, OEM, and customers
- Ability to build and present technical complex concepts for non-technical audiences
- Ability to keep tracking of tasks and present team updates for activities delivered
- Fundamentals knowledge about security/mobility (Carbon Black), VDI solutions (Horizon), and Device Management (Workspace One).
- Basic knowledge to support licensing discussions on Tanzu, VCF, and VRealize.
- Experience with customer support, inside sales, field sales, or equivalent.
- Established track record of successful quota-driven sales attainment.
- Established track record of strong executive-level communication (C-Level, Dept. Head).
- Any Vmware industry-level sales certification such as VSP (Vmware Sales Professional), VTSP (Vmware Technical Sales Professional).
- Vmware Certified Professional.
- Knowledge or experience with NSX (Software Defined Networking).
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: culture, coworkers, careers.
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self-and your best ideas-to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving-and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
Job Category: Sales Support General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 07:47:46 GMT