Job title: Software Developer, Core Media
Company: Motorola Solutions
Job description: Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department Overview At Motorola Solutions we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
What will you be doing?
- Designing features for our security monitoring solutions. We design and build everything from the hardware to the software for our video surveillance and access control systems.
- Release high quality software to our customers for their mission-critical public safety and security systems through working on a cross-disciplinary scrum team with embedded UX, QA, and product management.
- Researching and identifying new directions for security software, for example sifting through peta-bytes of data to bring suspicious activity into the user’s focus in real time.
- Having fun. We run annual hack-a-thons, have hockey and soccer teams and lot of great people.
We want you to succeed, so you’ll need:
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Experience with C++ (ideally C++11/14)
- An unending desire to learn (hint: can you demonstrate this?)
Team fit and culture are very important to us. We have a keen eye for people who:
- Are self-motivated and take the initiative to get things done.
- Have demonstrated a strong desire to innovate.
- Have earned a high level of trust from past employers and colleagues.
- Are unafraid to try.
- Do their best work as part of a team.
When you join us, the technologies and processes you’ll be working with include:
- Primarily C++ with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Test Driven Development
- Digital video and audio codecs
- Real-time and multi-threaded systems
- Network protocols and disk I/O
- Berkeley DB
- Agile Scrum
- Git and Mercurial
– University degree or equivalent experience
– 2+ years of software development experience
Travel Requirements None
Relocation Provided None
Position Type Experienced
Referral Payment Plan No
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request. Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 00:16:51 GMT