Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job title: Shift Electrician
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Requisition ID: 132823
Position Number: 20010590
Posting End Date: September 23,2020
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Maintenance Shift Shop
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Nights;Weekends;Standby coverage as required
Daily Hours Worked: 11.63
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general direction of the Shift Shop Supervisor (or designate) during regular working hours, and in consultation with the standby Supervisor and Shift Plumber during off-hours, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting and replacing any electrical (or associated electronic) or mechanical building service, furnishing or portable equipment or components anywhere within the Health Sciences Centre. Carries out preventive maintenance, inspection, repair or replacement on all assigned electrical (and associated electronic components) and mechanical equipment and systems. Performs installations in accordance with current applicable electrical Code and HSC technical standards. May carry out installation, repair and replacement of assigned monitoring, informational, control, alarm, environmental, nurse call or related systems. Interacts with other maintenance staff and user departments towards maintaining the integrity of all related Health Sciences Centre systems.
- Minimum five years experience in all phases of installation, maintenance, modification, inspection and replacement of a variety of facets of building mechanical and electrical services, equipment (i.e. fans, pumps, HVAC, heating/cooling systems) and associated electronic components.
- Must have a thorough and comprehensive understanding of electrical codes and their application in a variety of facilities, buildings and equipment, as well as experience in the installation of conduit and proper wiring methods.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Must possess Province of Manitoba or Interprovincial qualification as a Journeyman Electrician.
- Completion of a recognized Millwright, Industrial Mechanic or Power Engineer curriculum, or a relevant combination of mechanical experience and education/training satisfactory to the department, would be an asset.
- Certificate of qualification as a Journeyman Electrician, Province of Manitoba or Interprovincial.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of elementary algebra is required to apply electrical/electronic formulae.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system and ability to work with Windows based computer programs and custom application programs related to electrical and mechanical systems.
- Must have excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- A thorough understanding of electronics in relation to the electrical trade is a desired asset.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings to repair, modify, install, maintain, replace and inspect building mechanical and electrical services, equipment and associated electronic control systems and components.
- Position often requires working from ladders, scaffolding, high level platforms, or in confined spaces, enclosures and crawlspaces.
- Must be able to adjust to the demands of shift work schedule.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Expected salary: $34645 per year
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 05:30:10 GMT