Job title: Senior Software Engineer (Full stack, Front-End Focused)
Job description: At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, we also create our own original content exclusively for Scribd users. Our community includes over 1M subscribers in more than 190 countries. Join us in turning screen time into quality time!
About the Web Development Team
We’ve built a library of millions of books, audiobooks, magazine articles, sheet music collections, and user uploaded documents. 90% of millions of active users discover Scribd and continue to engage with content and build their libraries using our website. This team works across the stack with a strong focus on front end work.
We’re looking for diverse, well-rounded, communicative engineers to help empower our readers to indulge their curiosities and expand their knowledge by building quality products and user experiences. Our projects tend to be 1-2 front end engineers at a time, so trust, accountability, and excellent communication skills are extremely important.
Some of our Key Focus Areas:
- SEO – with a library of millions of books, audiobooks and documents, search engine optimization is about a lot more than having a good sitemap.
- Responsive Web – desktop, tablet, phone – whatever device you have, we want you to be able to read!
- Site speed. How fast is fast enough? Faster! Measure, optimize, repeat…
- Accessibility – do you know what ARIA attributes are? Ever use a screen reader? We’re bringing Scribd up to WCAG level-AA to make reading work for folks who use assistive technology
- Front end infrastructure – We strongly believe in code reuse and simplicity. We are working on shareable react component library to make our product development simple, fast and consistent.
- You’re curious, humble, and interested in learning. You like and value people! You have good taste – you don’t have to be a designer, but you should take pride in your work and want to make our app a beautiful, delightful reading experience.
- You Have:
- Experience working on backend services in any server side language – Go, Python, Java, C#, Ruby.
- Experience with continuous integration environments like Gitlab, Jenkins, CircleCI , TeamCity etc.
- Knowledge of npm, yarn, babel and webpack.
- Passionate about testing. Previous experience writing unit and integration tests with frameworks like Jest, Rspec, Enzyme, Cypress, Selenium, WebdriverIO etc.
- Experience building features using an A/B testing framework.
- Experience de-bugging issues in a complex modern web architecture which includes: distributed systems, CDN, image servers, databases, asynchronous web services, CSRF, cross site scripting, etc.
Location: San Francisco, CA – Canada
Job date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 07:24:05 GMT