Job title: Senior Software Engineer – Front End
Company: Urban Logiq
Job description: Senior Software Engineer – Front End
UrbanLogiq is a venture-backed, ISO 27001:2013 and 27701:2019 certified startup with offices in Vancouver and New York, and graduate of the 500 Startups program.
We have a mission to help governments and public servants unlock the insights hidden in their data to help build better communities.
Our cloud-based platform aggregates existing disparate data sources, automates key workflows found in government, augments existing data sources with complementary and supplementary data streams, and provides analytics to give planners and engineers a more complete and thorough view of the situations they need to make decisions on. From small cities, like the City of Delta, to large cities, like the City of San Jose, to regional levels like the State of Texas, our goal is to bring actionable intelligence to all levels of government regardless of size.
What You Will Do
Our expectation of you as a senior software engineer is that you can be given difficult problems in areas that are new to you and you can make them go away using all the resources available to you. You leverage the skills of the team around you. You provide guidance to the team and work to elevate them, regardless of their skill levels, contributing to the system design and implementation review processes. You have the judgment to know when a problem doesn’t involve code.
Our product is a web-based application; intuitive and performant interactions are what give our customers joy and keep them coming back. Your background in front-end development is key to improve their experience and give them the new features they need for their work.
A core cultural value of UrbanLogiq is that we develop intimate relationships with our customers and work closely with them to solve their problems. To this end, you will be tightly involved with our users and designers as part of the implementation process.
You will know what is happening in the technology community around you and have a clear idea of which tools to apply and when. You have experience writing robust, testable, tested code.
That said, we are still a small company that values its agility, and coming together as a team to burn through a tough problem is part of our cultural values. We may need you to work outside your comfort zone, outside your area of expertise, and we understand that it may not be optimal; all we ask is that you be open to the idea and willing to pitch in.
- A technical degree (computer science, mathematics, statistics, or physics), or equivalent work experience as a software developer.
- On top of this, 5+ years of work experience, including present experience as a mid to senior software engineer with a specialty in front end development.
- Two to three years mentoring junior software developers.
- Ability to complete a background check prior to employment
- Excellent social, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience developing in programming languages such as Rust, Python, or Go.
- Experience with data visualization and geospatial analysis.
- Experience with WebGL, WebAssembly
- A passion and interest in government issues, urban planning, urban informatics, community development, mobility and urban development. You want to make the world a better place!
UrbanLogiq is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at UrbanLogiq are based on our business needs needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to age, race, colour, religion or believe, family or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 06:47:33 GMT