Job title: Senior Manager, Sales & Delivery Support
Job description: Requisition ID: 89590
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The position provides day-to-day support for the Director, International Corporate and Commercial Banking and for numerous special projects in the context of contributing to the delivery of increased profitable market share, portfolio growth, and achieving the target Client Experience through product development, marketing and pricing, competitive intelligence, integrated sales management tools & products, specialized sales and strategic alliances, and project participation & execution.
The incumbent possesses a broad knowledge of Corporate & Commercial Banking, as well as an in-depth knowledge of Credit Risk, IB Sales & Support Delivery Model, and Operational efficiency. The incumbent possesses good communication and presentation skills in both English and Spanish, and strong abilities to analyse research data.
Deliver on Special Projects by:
- Designing, developing, and implementing assigned special projects to ensure sustainable growth and successes of Commercial Banking Business
- Engaging and working closely with internal and external partners on special projects, ongoing initiatives, and new programs as the subject matter expert to advance the objectives and mandate of Commercial Banking
- Researching, redefining, and formalizing policies and processes to advance and realize International Corporate & Commercial Banking strategic objectives
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives through recommending and managing changes for the business line, and leveraging best practices and integrating innovative ideas
- Leading on Special Projects when required
2. Lead and/or Participate in Corporate Banking Centre (CBC) Reviews That Result in Improvements to Process and Structure by;
- Conducting preparatory analysis, and contributing to the development of a work plan
- Performing business analysis to assess the capacity and capabilities of the unit under review, the appropriateness of policies and procedures, and their conformity with audit and/or the ICCB model
- Recommending changes to policies and procedures that result in increased productivity or value to customer with little increase in risk
3. Analyze Market Research and Data Collected by the Bank’s Client Relationship Management software (Salesforce, PISCO and CPM) by
- Analyzing data from Salesforce and PISCO to uncover trends in the sales performance of countries, portfolios, CBCs and RMs for all products, and use the analysis to generate reports for either coaching purposes to the field, or for reporting to Senior Management of the Bank.
- Assessing and evaluating market research in order to assist the Director, International Corporate and Commercial Banking in designing remedial action plans, initiatives and programs.
- Assisting in determining the need for various types of data and research.
- Designing questionnaires and conducting interviews when and where necessary to provide the Director, International Corporate and Commercial Banking with added information as appropriate.
4. Aid in the strategic development and support the execution of the Sales & Delivery Support Model by:
- Providing subject matter expertise and support to the Commercial Sales & Service team
- Supporting the sales force through management of sales disciplines, routines, processes, and tools
- Revisiting, analyzing and entrenching processes, procedures and Service Level Agreements that enable the Sales & Support Delivery Model for Corporate & Commercial Banking
- Building strategic relationships, alliances, and partnerships with key stakeholders that support and enable the target Delivery Model
- Gathering and positioning economic research, trends and articles including competitive intelligence to enable sales force in the various countries in IB to stay abreast of current affairs to maintain competitive advantage.
- Interfacing with various Product and Department Heads in IB and other areas of the Bank to support the effective delivery of their products and services in the field.
- Assist the Director, International Corporate and Commercial Banking staff in conducting periodic touch bases with the Corporate & Commercial Banking units in the field, by assisting in the preparation of the touch bases, and by directly participating (and leading them from time to time).
Education, Work Experience & Designations
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized University in business, finance, engineering or science.
- Good understanding of the financial services industry, including the diverse corporate and commercial products and services, the varying nuances of the business platform in each country.
- Interest and knowledge of financial and investment markets and the metrics used at both portfolio and individual levels to access and drive business line results.
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to learn INEA and other Accounting GL based information systems including the annual Business Planning model.
- Excellent analytical skills. Must be able to consolidate and interpret large amounts of information into actionable recommendations.
- A creative, self-starter, result-oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills, with the ability to apply this knowledge to assist in the resolution of complex business problems. Ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills that facilitate a positive and effective team environment, to effectively work with both the Toronto and Internationally based team members. Spanish is desirable but not required.
- A strong team player, willing to assist other members of the department and the organization in order to meet objectives.
- Good leadership skills, strong organization and have the ability to assist with project management.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 06:46:52 GMT