Job title: Senior & Intermediate Site Inspectors – Thunder Bay
Job description: Requisition ID: 25081
Job Category: Construction; Infrastructure
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is actively seeking a talented Site Inspectors to join our Highways & Bridges Division. In this role, you will be based on various sites throughout the Thunder Bay area and have the opportunity to work on high profile being undertaken on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation throughout the province.
- Ensure that construction work is performed in accordance with the contract plans and specifications;
- Monitoring the constructed product for quality assurance;
- Understanding and interpreting the requirements and details of the contract drawings and specifications;
- Inspecting the work, materials means and methods used in construction;
- Employing measuring and testing techniques in assessing contract compliance;
- Identifying and acting on any site, contractual and regulatory infractions;
- Assisting with the administration of the construction contracts;
- Tracking and reporting on the status of inspection activities;
- Maintaining daily records of construction activity and progress.
- A civil engineering diploma from a recognized college or OACETT designation, or Ontario P.Eng designation or equivalent;
- 5 -15+ years of experience in the inspection of large, multi-discipline and/or highway & bridge projects;
- Expertise in the civil/structural discipline;
- Inspection experience in construction of highway or bridge projects a definite asset;
- Sound knowledge of construction inspection and management principles, practices and techniques, as well as knowledge of construction products, materials and equipment;
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, and regulations for construction projects;
- Must possess sound judgment; strong organizational, administrative, observational and problem solving skills; effective interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Job date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 07:21:08 GMT