Job title: Senior Information Security Specialist
Job description: Company Overview
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think ”TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Information Security covers the development and management of security strategies, policies and programs to assess, prioritize, and mitigate business risk with technology controls. Priorities include: mitigating and managing cyber security threats, ensuring systems availability, aligning with global regulatory risk and compliance requirements, managing systems and network complexity, and partnering with businesses for better technology delivery by providing advice on technology controls.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role We are looking for someone to lead and provide sound counsel on development and implementation of significant enterprise-wide Technology Controls and Information Security strategies, policies, programs and tools. As part of this, you’ll oversee control and governance activities and identify and assess potential security risks, vulnerabilities that impact highly complex, high-risk businesses or transformational strategic initiatives. You’ll have significant exposure to executives and functional stakeholders enterprise-wide if you prove to be the winning candidate.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Provide technical leadership on a range of specific Technology Controls and Information Security programs, policies, standards and incidents.
- Lead risk assessment, required controls definition, control procedure appropriateness, vulnerability assessments and any other relevant areas.
- Conduct comprehensive risk and control design assessments for an application portfolio, articulate and document impact of control gaps to the business and enterprise-wide, risk mitigation and remediation plans, remediation strategy document or provide information security solutions to address risks.
- Contribute to the definition, development, and oversight of a global security management strategy and framework.
- Ensure technology, processes, and governance are in place to monitor, detect, prevent, and react to both current and emerging security threats against TDBG’s business.
- Provide guidance and/or lead on the development of on-going technology risk reporting, monitoring key trends and defining metrics to regularly measure control effectiveness for own area.
- Develop on-going Technology Risk reporting, monitoring key trends and defining metrics to regularly measure control effectiveness for own area.
- Act as primary practice / technical expert and proactively work with technology partners and stakeholders and service/platform owners to ensure all technology security components are integrated into the bank’s overall Enterprise Architecture, and any control gaps are addressed.
- Proactively review internal processes and activities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Adhere to, advise on, oversee, monitor, enforce enterprise frameworks and methodologies related to technology controls and information security activities.
- Influence behavior to reduce risk and foster a strong technology risk management culture throughout the enterprise.
- Remain informed of emerging issues, industry trends and/or relevant changes.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- University Degree.
- Information Security Certification / Accreditation an asset.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and are equipped to provide technical leadership to a larger team portfolio.
- Comfortable operating as a technical expert with deep knowledge of IT security and risk disciplines and can foresee issues and identify emerging industry trends.
- Advanced and highly-specialized knowledge of the business, technology controls / security/ risk issues.
- Experience working on high-profile, complex and/or high-risk technology projects with significant impact to the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate technical leadership to a larger team portfolio.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 23:32:45 GMT