Provincial Health Services Authority
Job title: Senior Business Analyst, Clinical Infomatics Business Intelligence
Company: Provincial Health Services Authority
Job description: The Senior Business Analyst is an integral part of the team responsible for providing leadership and analytical support for the monitoring and reporting on operational planning and performance of the PHSA Enterprise Data Platform initiative. Additionally the role provides support for data warehouse and business intelligence tools. This role is responsible for providing leadership in business process reengineering concepts and methods and leads the analysis and documentation of business requirements on various aspects of the PHSA Enterprise Data Platform initiative and related projects.
The Senior Business Analyst will lead the planning, analysis, design, and documentation of business requirements for data standardization, ad-hoc queries, reports, and interfaces. The position will have a deep understanding of PHSA and Health Authorities workflows and programs and will support the project and analytics leaders in the conceptual design, development and validation of data products and infrastructure related to business/operational planning. In addition, this role will require broad systems understanding of provincial priorities around data requirements to facilitate and support PHSA mandate and health services planning in this province.
What you’ll do:
- Lead PHSA Enterprise Data Platform initiative in planning and performance monitoring through the development of reports, and data analysis from various data sources. Provide specialized knowledge, analytical, and technical expertise in information management processes utilizing a deep understanding of data standards in relation to establishing quality reports.
- Lead the formal data collection and analysis to help identify system deficiencies and/or operational inefficiencies in order to report and develop new ways of improving business efficiencies including the data analysis related to business case developments, project proposals, and other key strategic and transformative initiatives.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of the data and reports available within our current and new data platform through meticulous testing, automated and manual data reviews, performance monitoring, contingency planning, consistency reviews, and other methods as appropriate.
- Lead in the analysis, acceptance criteria definition, development, testing, training, implementation and maintenance phases of assigned projects. Carry out post-implementation reviews and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide strategic planning support and change management services by leading and performing feasibility studies, workload efficiency analyses, using formal data gathering techniques and analyzing, designing and implementing appropriate information systems. This includes identifying system deficiencies, user department operational inefficiencies and ways of improving business efficiency functions.
- Provide a leadership role in both provincial and national forums responsible for the ongoing management of the data platform. Lead provincial communities of practice responsible for ongoing operational and change management of the provincial data systems including data quality, consistent use and adherence to practice standards.
- Lead the analysis, design, and documentation of reports, and interfaces to support clinical operations, and management and evaluation reporting. Collaborate with other project team members as needed including PHSA IMITS initiatives and jurisdictional sponsored projects. This includes gathering requirements from stakeholders; negotiating changes in the context of the vision of the current and future state, defining appropriate change management strategies and monitoring and supporting best practice in documentation standards.
- Lead the analysis, requirements specifications, and documentation of various analytical solutions, collaborating with PHSA DARE and other project team members as needed. This includes gathering requirements from stakeholders; negotiating changes in the context of the vision of the analytical solutions; translating user requirements to technical requirements for implementation by the data platform developers; designing reports; researching solutions; and implementing change management procedures. May occasionally take direction from a Project Director on large projects.
- Support the platform users through training sessions, user guides, one-on-one consultations, advice, workshops, troubleshooting, downtime procedures, and issue resolution. Evaluate the business intelligence and advanced analytics tools and their use through customer satisfaction surveys, performance measurement, auditing, usage logs, and other methods, and report the findings to management and other stakeholders as required.
What you bring:
- A Master’s in Health Information Management, Business Administration or related discipline and five (5) years of experience in health information management, health services planning, or data analytics and use of reporting tools.
- This role requires a superior degree of critical-thinking and analytical skills with the ability to integrate broad system thinking/perspective with data to develop quality reports, operational support plans and monitor on-going performances.
- This role also requires superior written skills with a high degree of producing concise, structured and very well written documents and reports.
- Understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and project management methodology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to express complex ideas in simple terminology appropriate for the audience.
- Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheets, word-processing, PowerPoint and other software at advanced level.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Knowledge and adherence to privacy and confidentiality policies and measures to protect data.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, while working independently to organize workload, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to use query- and report-writing tools is an asset.
What’s in it for you:
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 1333 W. Broadway Vancouver, BC
Closing date: Open until position is filled
Reference number: SrBACIBI-2344231
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs:
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
Labor Agreement Excluded
Requisition # SrBACIBI-2344231
Work Site 1333. W. Broadway Vancouver, BC
Job Type Regular, Full-Time
Hours of Work 08:30-16:30
Work Days Mon – Fri
Expiry Date 04-Oct-2020
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 01:00:48 GMT