Job title: Senior Analyst
Job description: As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
- Support the implementation of the Sustainable Investing (SI) program at Leading Direct Infrastructure Investor Manager including ESG integration, engagement and assessment of climate change risks and opportunities
- Conduct research and provide ESG focused insights to help investment teams assess ESG risks and opportunities.
- Provide consultative advice and offer insights on material ESG risks to investment teams, best practices on ESG integration and ensuring material risks are appropriately disclosed.
- Assist with ESG reporting from the investing teams and prepare internal and external ESG reports at an Leading Direct Infrastructure Investor Manager enterprise level.
- Support Sustainable Investing Committee meetings.
- Support the activities of the Climate Change Working group and related projects.
- Support the investment teams in their ESG integration activities.
- Monitor SI industry developments, ESG risks and related financial and pension industry trends
- Prepare industry briefings, summaries, reports, presentations and recommendations on various ESG themes for senior leaders
- Conduct research and provide input as required on broad sustainability trends, emerging best practices, and peer comparisons. Provide writing, editing, project management and research support as need on topics related to Sustainable Investing.
- Review SI policies and related guidelines and assist with the preparation of materials for the Leading Direct Infrastructure Investor Manager website and annual report.
Policy and Regulatory
- Provide updates on climate change policy and regulatory issues around ESG and sustainability
- Make recommendations on ESG and climate-related policy to the Sustainable Investing Committee
- Review and recommend participation or endorsement of national or international sustainable investing initiatives and help teams to implement and execute initiatives
To succeed in this role, you have:
- University degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience required, preferably in an asset management or financial institution
- Commitment to sustainable investing and ESG subject matter expertise is an asset
- Self-starter who works both independently and with a team, while fostering a collegial team culture
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office application including PowerPoint and Excel, Power BI an asset
- Ability to conduct research, draw insights and convey ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and the ability to communicate with a broad stakeholder group.
- Strong service orientation with a demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships with internal and external partners.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 22:08:27 GMT