Homewood human solutions
Job title: Security Professional
Company: Homewood human solutions
Job description: We have an immediate, rewarding career opportunity for a Security Professional to join our amazing team at Ravensview, part of Homewood Health, the national leader in mental health and addictions treatment in Canada.
What’s in it for you?
- A starting wage above the industry average
- Comprehensive benefits and RRSP-matching program
- Free staff parking
- Onsite dining room with gourmet meals prepared by our Red-Seal Chef
- Onsite training including nationally-recognized CARES Program, first aid and the opportunity to develop knowledge of mental health and addictions care in our Ravensview Monthly Grand Rounds Education Series
- Access to professionally-designed fitness facility, serene outdoor spaces for walking and running, and direct access to John Dean Park
Homewood Ravensview is a private 75-bed mental health, trauma and addiction facility offering evidence-based, medically-led, inpatient services for first responders, military, veterans, executives & professionals, adults, and young adults. Located in North Saanich on 28 acres of forested hillside, Homewood Ravensview offers clients a comfortable and safe environment featuring serene ocean views from spacious rooms, welcoming common areas and a world-class team of physicians, psychiatrists, counsellors and 24-hour nursing professionals.
As a Security Professional, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. Whether you aspire to a career in Security, or it’s a stepping stone to Law Enforcement or something else, you’ll gain invaluable experience working in mental health.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure the security and safety of staff, clients, physicians and others on-site, while also protecting property, grounds and information
- Patrol interior and exterior of the facility to ensure personnel, building and equipment security, which includes monitoring numerous cameras throughout the facility
- Respond to all emergencies in person, taking a leadership role during all Emergency Codes, and when appropriate, contacting emergency responders
- Enforce our smoke-free policy, conduct bag and room checks for contraband, screen visitors and prevent unauthorized visitors on the property
- Provide accurate written reports of all site activities and incidents
What we’re looking for
- At least one-year relevant experience, preferably in a health facility, campus or compliance and enforcement environment
- Valid BC Security Workers License, current First Aid and CPR certification
- Respect for diversity, cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Experience with handling aggressive behaviours
- Experience with handling sensitive, confidential information with a high degree of discretion, and ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain logs
- Flexibility to work days, afternoons, nights and weekends
Homewood Ravensview acknowledges with respect the WSÁNEĆ people on whose territory it operates and recognizes that their historical relationship with the land continues to this day.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.
Location: Victoria, BC
Job date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 23:48:04 GMT