Richmond Public Schools
Job title: School Bus Driver
Company: Richmond Public Schools
Job description: JOB TITLE: School Bus Operator
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: This is a nine and one-half month (184 days) contract position with a 6-hour workday, pay grade 109.1, with excellent benefits.
REPORTS TO: Assigned School Bus Compound Supervisor
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK:
- Delivers meals to RPS students at specific sites in the community (either south side, north side, east end or west end).
- Performs work transporting pupils to and from school and special events; does related work as required.
- Person shall have no limitations that will interfere with the ability to control and drive a school bus.
- Occasional operation of vehicles during inclement weather is required.
- Drives a school bus; picking up and delivering meals to RPS students at specific sites in the community.
- Conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections according to the Virginia Department of Education (8VAC20 – 70-380) guidelines.
- Maintains safety equipment; reports unsafe bus conditions.
- Adheres to preventive maintenance schedule.
- Completes required forms and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adheres and complies with safety rules, motoring regulations and laws.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Loads bus according to established procedures.
- Follows designated route schedule and stop at authorized stops only.
- Notifies proper authorities of bus breakdown or deviations in schedule.
- Ensures all pupils are accounted for and all runs are covered.
- Reports all operating and equipment deficiencies.
- Washes bus; cleans bus inside and out; fuels bus as required.
- Obeys all traffic laws and observes mandatory safety regulations for school bus operations.
- Transports only authorized students.
- Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
- Conducts periodic emergency bus evacuation drills.
- Transports students to special events and field trips.
- Ensures passenger safety; maintains discipline on bus.
- Makes bus available for periodic maintenance.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Three years of experience in the operation of a motor vehicle and skilled in the operation of a school bus.
- Must meet requirements for school bus drivers as stipulated in the “Regulations Governing Pupil Transportation including Minimum Standards for School Buses in Virginia” published by the Pupil Transportation Service of the Virginia Department of Education.
- Possession of a valid Class B Virginia Commercial Driver’s License with S and P endorsements, and ability to complete RPS provided school bus training and obtain such a license prior to employment.
- Must have skills in the safety operation of a school bus; ability to detect malfunctioning equipment; ability to assist children using patience and understanding.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, parents, associates and students.
- General knowledge of the geography of the city and the location of streets.
- Must be able to pass applicable physical examination including urine drug screening, TB skin test and Virginia Criminal Record check.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants (including RPS employees) must submit an on-line application. Please access website at: www.rvaschools.net
Please upload the following information with your application: a current resume, transcript and license if applicable. Also, when completing your application, include three email addresses of your professional references and/or upload letters of references. A combination of professional reference email addresses and letters are accepted. Richmond Public Schools will conduct a background investigation, fingerprinting, tuberculosis screening and drug/alcohol testing as a condition of employment. EOE.
Job Title : School Bus Driver
Primary Location : Transportation
Salary Range : $16.58 – $16.58 / Per Hour
Shift Type : Full-Time
Expected salary: $16.58 per hour
Location: Richmond, BC
Job date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 00:58:25 GMT