Job title: Property Manager
Job description: Reporting to the Regional Director, this position will be responsible for all aspects of managing a portfolio of properties.
- Manage the accounts receivable process.
- Monitor and follow up on rent collections and arrears on regular basis.
- Ensure timely, appropriate resolution of tenant-related outstanding receivables involving dispute reviews, defaults and bailiffs.
- Authorize all accounts payable and ensure timely payment of all invoices.
- Prepare annual operating budget(s) for review and approval by senior property management staff.
- Monitor, analyze and report on monthly budget variances.
- Oversee the preparation of various financial reports pertaining to variance analysis, vacancy rates, rent roll review, retail sales analysis and other relevant reporting information.
- Ensure financial records and statements are current.
- Liaise with various corporate departments and other parties regarding property management issues.
- Work with Accounting, Revenue Control, Accounts Receivable and Tax Departments in effectively resolving tenant issues and disputes regarding rent, adjustments, etc.
- Liaise with the Leasing Department to arrange new and renewal leases, showing vacant units to prospective tenants.
- Monitor tenant compliance with lease agreements and resolves problems and concerns.
- Advise Leasing Department management of unstable tenancies.
- Solicit tenders and acquire contracts for landscaping, snow removal, cleaning, preventative maintenance and mechanical and vehicular equipment for assigned properties.
- Oversee the execution of third party contracts.
- Solicit tenders and coordinate construction of all tenant retail units for assigned properties.
- Liaise with the Construction Department on all landlord construction projects, monitor progress and follow up on successful completion.
- Conduct regular site visits to assess condition of properties and to ensure that maintenance, cleaning and housekeeping functions are performed according to standards.
- Identify and address issues and problems relating to life safety, liability and potential negligence situations that could impact RioCan, its contractors, tenants and / or customers.
- Confer with Maintenance Supervisor / Operations Manager on property issues and recommend improvements to properties, as required.
- Manage tenant initiatives related to insurance / risk management, legal issues, and environmental and energy conservation programs. Coordinate their implementation with involved parties.
- Conduct long-term planning to accommodate structural, environmental, system, equipment and furnishing repairs, replacements and enhancements.
- Foster and maintain positive tenant relations through site visits, tenant meetings, correspondence, newsletters and by being accessible and providing timely and effective service and response to enquiries and requests.
- Ensure that RioCan’s Health and Safety policies are routinely assessed at the property level.
- Handle complaints and concerns in a prompt, appropriate manner.
- Other duties / projects as required.
- Completion of College Diploma or Certificate Program in Business Administration
Commercial Real Estate License is required. * Minimum 5 to 7 years previous relevant experience
- Proven experience in property management / administration within a retail environment
- Strong financial management skills
- Strong focus on delivering results and providing exceptional tenant service
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proven people management abilities
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with JD Edwards is an asset
We want to thank all applicants for considering this position. We will only contact applicants who qualify for the position.
Location: Edmonton, AB
Job date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 03:27:28 GMT