Job title: Payroll Processor
Job description: Envision:
Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and opportunity in moving the organization forward. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is a Platinum Club Member in Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. Our success is directly attributed to our dedicated and talented team of professionals who work hard together with a common purpose – to keep us on the leading edge in safety, technology, and analysis.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 40 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then apply with us.
We offer the following in our search for engaged employees looking to become part of a successful team:
- A continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- A continuous improvement environment where all ideas are explored
- Engaged coaches and mentors who will provide guidance but also allow autonomy
- Team atmosphere
- Part-time office hours; Monday to Friday from approximately 9:00am to 2:00pm (25 hours/week)
As a part of our Payroll Department, the Payroll Processor is responsible for supporting the processing of Driver and Owner Operator payroll cycles while ensuring compliance to the pay package options available. This role is also responsible for providing excellent customer service to our Drivers and Owner Operators to answer a variety of payroll inquiries.
The chosen candidate will be a detail-oriented individual who collaborates well with others to ensure our Drivers and Owner Operators are paid/settled accurately and on time through meeting weekly deadlines. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to start their career in payroll.
Note: This is an eight (8) month temporary contract.
- Review, verify and process highway and hourly driver trip jackets and trainee pay information in the payroll system to confirm accuracy
- Investigate discrepancies, process reimbursements and advise the appropriate internal personnel
- Provide excellent customer service regarding driver pay inquiries and payroll procedures
- Sort, seal and distribute pay statements to other departments and terminals
- Record and classify all driver payroll discrepancies including known system errors, routing errors and stop pay issues
- Clerical duties as required including assembling new hire packages, filing, scanning, copying paperwork, and year-end filing/archiving
- Performs other duties as required
What You Need To Be Successful In This Role:
- Secondary School Diploma required
- Preferred Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification or working towards
- Education in the financial field or a strong interest in Payroll would be an asset
- 6 months up to 1 year payroll related experience
- Strong mathematical and data entry skills to process pay information
- Detail and deadline oriented, with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment to meet tight deadlines
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to act with maturity and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Strong verbal communication skills, business writing skills, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Proactive attitude and takes initiative to prevent issues
- Well-organized, enthusiastic, creative, professional and a positive team member.
- A continuous improvement focus on work
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Desire to learn to ensure compliance with both internal policies and procedural changes as well as payroll legislation changes
How To Apply:
If you are looking to join a premier transportation company, and become an integral part of results oriented team who constantly challenge themselves to Go The Distance for our customers and for each other, the role of Payroll Processor may be right for you.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples. By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Cambridge, ON
Job date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 00:11:54 GMT