Job title: Manufacturing Operations Team Member (Contract)
Job description: Requisition ID: 13266
Steel is everywhere. From washing machines to skyscrapers, from bikes to buildings. Producing this strong, versatile, and endlessly recyclable material is something we at ArcelorMittal Dofasco are extremely proud of. Steel is the fabric of life.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco plays a key role in North America’s advanced manufacturing supply chain working with the top automotive, energy, packaging and construction brands to develop lighter, stronger and more sustainable products. Founded in 1912, we are Hamilton’s largest private sector employer with more than 5,000 employees, shipping 4.5 million net tons of high-quality flat carbon steel annually. Our customers are global, yet we are a tremendous supporter of our local community, Hamilton.
At ArcelorMittal Dofasco, our employees are part of a talented and innovative team. We work together to make our world better, faster and stronger. We offer a history of more than 107 years, but we take innovation and progress seriously. Join us and you will learn why.
Steel making is a unique and intricate process. Learn more by watching this video.
Full Time Manufacturing Operations Team Member (Contract – 12 Months*)
*Contracts may be renewed to a maximum duration of 24 months based on business conditions and performance.
- Candidates must be able to work 12-hour shifts, rotating days/nights
- Working in dusty environments – autonomous work, with exposure to a high degree of heat, heights, and confined spaces.
- Extensive walking, lifting, and repeated physical movement of the body. Climbing stairs, ladders, and scaffolding is essential, as well as twisting, pulling, pushing, and crouching
- Learning new tasks, basic skills such as rigging, operating mobile equipment, basic hand and power tool use
- Daily problem-solving and team work
- *There may be additional job requirements based on the specific position available.
- Secondary School Diploma or Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate is required.
- We hire candidates with approximately one-year experience in industrial/manufacturing settings, or any of the following:
- Overhead/Remote Crane Operator
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Experience within the Canadian Forces
- Construction, Bricklaying
- Shipping and Receiving
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills coupled with basic computer and software literacy
Our Recruitment process:
Our team may evaluate applicants via online assessments and a preliminary phone interview. These assessments will provide greater insight into candidate skill level and their ability to perform within an Advanced Manufacturing teaming environment.
We would like to thank all those who apply in advance since only applicants selected to completed an online assessment will be contacted. Arcelormittal Dofasco is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Candidates who interview successfully will receive a conditional offer employment. The conditions include the successful completion of; proof of secondary school education or equivalent, criminal background check, employment reference check and pre-placement medical assessment.
Team members who are employed on contract may be considered for permanent team member opportunities based on individual performance and favourable market conditions. Individual performance measurables include: consistent demonstration of required skills, competencies, reliability and teaming ability for the duration of their contract.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply and we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Location: Hamilton, ON
Job date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 07:45:20 GMT