Job title: Intermediate Architectural Designer
Job description: Requisition ID: 31623
Job Category: Engineering; Project Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Intermediate Designers work with architects, designers, technologist and project managers, producing deliverables for projects on the multiple sectors that Hatch performs work. They develop their skills under the moderate supervision of senior staff.
- Produce drawings sets for conceptual, schematic, detailed design, and construction drawings that include, site plans, floor plans, demolition plans, renovation plans, roof plans, exterior elevations, interior sections, wall sections, details, schedules, etc.
- Produce diagrams, isometrics and sketches of building components intended for design brief reports, presentation material, brochures, etc.
- Input in the production of feasibility studies, and design brief reports
- Assist with egress analysis drawings, fire separation analysis and code matrix analysis.
- Assist project lead with review and production of construction administration documentation such as shop drawings, samples, site instructions, change orders, RFIs, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- +5 years of work experience.
- Graduated from a post-secondary institution with a diploma/degree in architecture, building sciences, design technician, design technologist, interior design, etc.
- Good understanding of architectural graphic standards and construction industry practices.
- Good understanding of building codes and technical standards.
- General understanding of design concepts of other disciplines and how they integrate with architectural work for the delivery of conceptual and construction projects.
- General understanding of mechanical and electrical single line diagrams, structural foundation and framing drawings, civil grading and drainage drawings, landscape drawings, signage sets, surveys, etc.
- General understanding of room data sheets and specifications.
- General understanding of shop drawings, product cut sheets, installation manuals, MSDS, etc.
- Expert skills in CAD software such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.
- Moderate skills in BIM software such as Revit, AECOsim, Open Buildings, etc.
- Basic skills in rendering software such as 3D Max, Sketchup, VRAY, etc.
- Expert skills in software such as MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, ProjectWise, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Expert skills in review software such as BIM360 Design, Bluebeam Studio, Brava!, iPas DM, Consigno, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to work in multiple projects simultaneously.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Job date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 06:35:32 GMT