Job title: Innovation Manager
Job description: Innovation Manager
Job Locations CA-AB-Edmonton
Requisition ID 2020-9191 # of Openings 1 Category Sales Product Line Ready Mix Travel 30 – 40%
Why work for Lafarge?
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge’s focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at .
This role is central to our goal and a champion of the repositioning of Lafarge Concrete to reflect the changing ambitions of our building community. Designers, builders, and developers are shifting how they build to compete in an environment with accelerating sustainability, community, and business demands.
The Innovation Manager will collaborate with our building community to derive, present, and deliver a new path that makes Lafarge Concrete the clear choice to partner with and different from the industry. The framework for the approach will be based on sustainable commercial success to allow for continuous re-investment in solutions for our customers.
This role is expected to lead a movement to differentiate the Lafarge Ready Mix Concrete organization within a competitive industry and to shift Lafarge’s concrete to the center of a sustainable approach to building.
Impacts and Ambitions;
- Safety as a Culture; This role will help find ways to transform the Safety culture of Lafarge RMX into a tangible benefit for our customers that is viewed as part of our offer. Safety is an embedded service to our clients.
- The Innovation Manager will lead the reconstruction of Lafarge RMXs’ Product and Services Portfolio with a central focus on EcoPact in 2020 and 2021. The approach from EcoPact will be used as a template to reframe and improve our overall solutions structure going forward.
- As an extension to our Lyon based, LafargeHolcim Innovation Centre and R&D Project Managers, the Innovation Manager is expected to be the conduit for outcomes of a new and ambitious Ready Mix Concrete R&D portfolio for 2020 -2025 with a goal toward disruption and innovation.
- Modernize the country based organizations’ approach to Product and Solutions development, management, and delivery using a collaborative approach with our Customers and Designers, and internal partners and teams. This includes innovation with in our supply chain as well as our digital path to our customers and communities.
- Challenge assumptions about what Concrete is and open our business to integrate new materials and different approaches to achieving sustainability performance.
- Own the development and management of the toolkit surrounding each of our products and services and co-developing supporting business case and pricing structures.
- Evolves our tracking and results communication process, with better data visualization, to direct, motivate, and sustain the organizations ongoing execution of Innovation and new Solutions delivery.
- Shifts our Sales Force training to a virtual learning platform with professional requirements.
- Builds and supports strong business relationships with a core group of Architects and Engineers in order to facilitate program development activities for Lafarge RMX Concrete with industry influencers.
- Reports to the Director, Ready Mix Performance for Western Canada.
- Works closely with; Technical Solutions Manager, Western Canada Technical Centre Manager, Director of QA, Sales Manager(s), QA Manager(s), key vendors and external technical providers. This is a central, pivotal role.
- Integrates path with Lyon based R&D resources in order to align our Customer Task Force and RMX Concrete R&D Project Managers.
- Works with Product Managers and Innovation Managers from other Leading LafargeHolcim RMX Countries.
- Works closely with Innovation Hub staff assigned to specific product tasks as well as with key vendors to develop our product performance and ability.
- Is actively involved with our Digital Solutions portfolio and Concrete Direct team with a goal to shifting Lafarge Concretes digital path to become an industry platform for customers and designers in ways not previously considered.
- Is part of a new approach to the Materials Design and Testing community to ensure that our Innovation Centre (Country and Lyon) and product portfolio are considered the Innovation Sandbox for critical influencers, opinion leaders, and thinkers.
Outcomes for the Person;
- Opportunity to structure their own sandbox with a blend of vision, direction, tools, and energy, working at a very fast pace.
- Exposure to LafargeHolcims complete resource pool globally.
- An environment that rewards pace, collaboration, preparation as well an agile approach that can understand failures as successes and key contributors to moving faster.
- Opportunity to develop personal skills to derive strategy and actions from broad team input, facilitate, and gain outcomes. This is within the context of having few to no direct reports and with the goal of lifting and pulling the complete organization.
- Expectation to attend external learning and open to mentoring and development opportunities that benefit the individual and the organization
- Acting geography is the four Western Provinces.
- Architect / Engineer landscape is global as required with supports from others.
Education & Work Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in commerce, engineering, environmental science, or a related field. Masters is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience in concrete design and production or extensive experience in sales.
- Some technical knowledge of IoT (Internet of Things) and digital tools is considered an asset.
- Basic but developable understanding of chemistry is considered an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Continuous learning orientation with clear leadership and collaborative ability
- Ability to influence and energize organizations broadly and with consistency
- Be open to ideas from other geographies, cultures, and industries.
- Construction product knowledge (cement/aggregates/precast/ready mix products) is an asset.
- Project management orientation that can be formally developed.
- Independent thinker, open to challenges but self-motivated and driven.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills with the ability to influence.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations without damaging relationships
- Problem solving skills suitable for further development.
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Action Oriented
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Building Effective Teams
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
Through LafargeHolcim’s 2030 Plan, Lafarge is committed to providing solutions using sustainable manufacturing practices and improving the environment in and around its operations. The company has a sixty year history in Canada and works continually to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, restore wetlands for native plants and animals, and identify waste materials that can be recycled and used in our operations.
Location: Edmonton, AB
Job date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 06:10:32 GMT