True Key Hotels & Resorts
Job title: Housekeeping Room Attendant – Part-Time
Company: True Key Hotels & Resorts
Job description: Looking to live where the rainforest meets the ocean? Kayaking for chance encounters with marine life? Hiking trails that lead to adventures?
We have the Key to your future!
True Key Hotels & Resorts in Sooke, BC manages two boutique style vacation homes locations Sooke Harbour Resort & Marina and SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort are not far from the conveniences of the city, only approximately 40 minutes from Victoria and set in the secluded village of Sooke and East Sooke. Amidst the diverse natural beauty of British Columbia’s Vancouver Island, world class fishing charters outside of your door, endless scenic hikes and trails, sea kayaking and more, it is an unparalleled experience.
True Key Hotels & Resorts provides competitive employment packages for its team members, including health benefits, competitive wages, education allowance, employee discount programs on the job training and opportunities for advancement within the collection.
This is a permanent year round part-time role. Candidates will work shifts at both the East Sooke and Sooke locations. We provide competitive wages along with a travel allowance for shifts worked at SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort (East Sooke).
The Housekeeping team members are the heart of the operation as they work to elevate the guests lodging experience. The Room Attendant ensures that guest suites and public areas are clean and properly presented for guests. While positioned operationally behind the scenes, this role often has guest interactions and opportunities to promote a positive image of the property to guests by being friendly, professional and able to address problems or special requests
- Stock and sort supplies
- Vacuum, clean, dust and polish items in guest units / cottages
- Make beds, change sheets, remove and replace used towel and toiletries
- Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Perform rotation cleaning duties as required
- Ensure guest rooms and common areas are cleaned and maintained in accordance with the True Key Hotels & Resorts standards
- Understand the Housekeeping Manual and use it as a reference when addressing issues with members of the housekeeping team.
- Report, track and communicate any physical and material damage to vacation homes to the Housekeeping Supervisor or General Manager.
- Anticipate/report supply needs to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Assist guests with special requests as it relates to their room stay
- Pleasantly provide resort wide information to guests as they often are looking for amenity recommendations and to find points of interest
Team Commitment / Leadership:
- Work independently consistently demonstrating initiative and accountability
- Participate in the culture within the housekeeping department, showing support to the team as everyone works towards completion of the daily tasks
- Actively promote True Key Hotels & Resorts and its affiliates while contributing to stellar operation and financial responsibility through value and loyalty.
- Adhere to the policies set out by the code of conduct, employee handbook, health and safety standards, reporting all incidents and/or injuries immediately.
- Prior knowledge of a housekeeping department is an asset but not required
- Reliable and responsible team-based ethics
- Physical ability to bend, crouch, lift and be in motion for a majority of the shift
- Has previous customer service experience
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multitask
- Is or has interest in working towards a career in the Hospitality / Tourism industry
- Finds enjoyment in elevating the experience, understanding that this is the guests home away from home during their stay
- Has a passion for guest service and the proven ability to anticipate guests needs
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada to be considered
Location: Sooke, BC
Job date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 23:09:54 GMT