Hamilton Health Sciences
Job title: HIS Project-Informatics Implementation Specialist (Clinical/Non-Clinical)
Company: Hamilton Health Sciences
Job description: As part of the Hamilton Health Sciences’ Digital Health Plan, the Hospital is embarking upon a new and exciting transformational journey with the introduction of an enterprise-wide Health Information System using the Epic HIS system. This HIS initiative and associated process redesign will play a significant foundational role as a catalyst for an improved patient care at HHS.
We are looking for top-talent to join the hospital’s Epic Project Team and be a part of this exciting Hospital Information System (HIS) implementation project. To ensure this project is successful, we need you and the knowledge that you bring from your current role to this team! Project positions are open to HHS staff and external applicants who are interested in contributing to the evolution of our clinical and business systems, with the ultimate goal of improving high quality care for all.
- Are you a hospital employee interested in utilizing your skills and expertise to add value to the implementation of our HIS?
- Are you a nurse or clinical health care professional across any discipline?
- Are you in a clerical or support services role?
A variety of roles (clerical, support, clinical – to name a few) are essential to the successful implementation of this new system. Your front-line expertise makes a difference every day! Apply that expertise to an exciting new role on our HIS team to help remove barriers to the flow of health information.
This is an exciting opportunity for teaching in both Clinical and Non-Clinical settings, depending on your subject matter expertise. The Informatics Implementation Specialist is responsible for participating in the development, implementation and evaluation of training programs to prepare our staff for our new Hospital Information System. Learning will take place in formal and informal learning environments, including computer-based learning. The Informatics Implementation Specialist is responsible for providing implementation support for staff in clinical and non-clinical environments at go-live, including informal education and demonstration, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
The Informatics Implementation Specialist is knowledgeable about workflows in their area of expertise, including upstream and downstream information requirements, understanding the need for integration of information collected from various sources of disciplines. The Informatics Implementation Specialist will assist staff in the adoption of the new HIS initiatives and processes.
1. Current Certificate of Registration as a Regulated Health Professional in Ontario (for training in clinical areas).
2. Baccalaureate Degree in a related field of study or equivalent experience.
3. A minimum of 4 years of recent hospital experience. Related experience in education or orientation is an asset.
4. Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
5. Excellent communication, interpersonal and group skills.
6. Demonstrated problem identification and resolution skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to initiate and model positive change.
8. A willingness to extend his/her knowledge of clinical information systems, share knowledge with others, and demonstrated superior, self-directed learning skills.
9. Must possess the ability to view things from a systems perspective.
10. Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Products, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and must have the ability and willingness to learn Project, Visio, Captivate and Access and other computer based learning tools as necessary.
11 Excellent knowledge and skills related to the principles of adult learning.
12. Demonstrated project management skills.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement
Location: Hamilton, ON
Job date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 22:53:13 GMT