Job title: High School Math/Science Teacher
Job description: Motivated by mathematics? Sharp with science? Excited by equations in both fields? Eager to help students succeed in math and science?
Oxford Learning Scarborough Bluffs is looking for an upbeat, dynamic part-time High School Math/Science Teacher who wants to work in a challenging and rewarding teaching environment. Candidates must possess a strong background in math and science and must be comfortable teaching students in Grades 9 – 12 at all levels in both subjects.
We focus on cognitive personal development and look for individuals who will honour Oxford Learning teaching methods and philosophy in a fun environment. We will train you in our innovative Interactive Coaching methods that teach students how to learn and study more effectively.
Our candidate must have:
- General Qualifications:
- A rockstar personality, tenacious drive, strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in an environment that yields fast-paced results
- The ability to multitask, be flexible, and think on your feet
- Vibrant personality, and enjoys interacting with young people
- Dynamic, energetic, and outgoing personality
- Dedicated and passionate teacher who thrives on seeing students succeed
- Upbeat and willing to motivate children
- Must be flexible in availability
- Specific Qualifications:
- Experience in either teaching or tutoring high levels of math
- OCT certified is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or fourth-year university students with extensive tutoring experience
- Must have extensive knowledge of the current Grade 9-12 math and science curriculum including but not limited to advanced functions, calculus, physics, chemistry, and biology
- Good knowledge of the current Grades 9-12 math curriculum, particularly senior maths including advanced functions, algebra, trigonometry and calculus, and vectors
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 06:11:59 GMT