Vancouver Coastal Health
Job title: Health Science Professional (HSP) – Case and Contact Tracing, Emerging Pathogens
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health
Job description: Job Description
Job Title: Health Science Professional (HSP) – Case and Contact Tracing, Emerging PathogensWork Site: Public Health Surveillance Unit – Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possible until approximately March 2021Salary: $31.36 – $39.10 per hourHours:
Days off: Rotating Reference#: 132094-cye
Come work in Case and Contact Tracing with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Health Science Professional to join the Public Health Surveillance Unit in Case and Contact Tracing. Apply today to join our team!
As an HSP – Case and Contact Tracing, Emerging Pathogens you will:
- Utilize Public Health clinical practice knowledge and expertise to promote and protect the optimal health, well being and safety of patients, residents and clients at all ages and life stages through targeted emerging pathogens and viral case and contact tracing programming.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver’s North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ”going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Degree in a related Health Science discipline, supplemented with recent, related public health clinical experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Registration with Provincial licensing/governing body as applicable to the profession.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for local area travel may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of public health clinical theory, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of community development and health promotion principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to deal sensitively and tactfully with clients and provide culturally sensitive clinical services to diverse and marginalized populations.
- Knowledge of communicable disease control practices and procedures including: prevention, promotion, reporting responsibilities and related procedures and immunization practices, including up to date immunization competency.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families and outside agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care, the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with co-workers, care team and community partners and the ability to identify and facilitate community resources appropriate to clients’ and families’ needs.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel, teach, facilitate and coach individuals, families and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritise work.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, problem solve and facilitate resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with others to make evidence informed decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new and unexpected events.
- Demonstrated facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in the development and delivery of educational materials based on education theories and best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic research principles and procedures, such as research ethics, research question, hypothesis and qualitative vs. quantitative data analysis methods, and demonstrated ability to participate in research.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well as applicable word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 22:13:05 GMT