Job title: Fund Services.Manager
Job description: Manager, Real Estate Fund Accounting
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
The Manager will ensure that real estate funds and real estate fund managers are provided with accurate and timely accounting services and manage client relationships in line with client Service Level Agreements, Citco procedures and applicable accounting standards. The Manager will also maintain a focus on training and developing staff, work flow processes and improvements.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Manage the fund accounting team responsible for all elements of the production of the NAV and reporting for a portfolio of real estate funds.
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
- Overall responsibility for client relationships and meetings
- Interact with senior management and manage overall relationships for multiple clients
- Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients and internally
- Preparation of client service plans including annual budget
- Establish plan for new client setup and transitions
- Coordinate with Operations group, Financial Statement group, Tax group, and Investor Relations group
- Coordinate, manage and monitor external audit process
- Review fund partnership agreements, PPM’s and other materials
- Implementation of fund structures on accounting system
- Coach, develop, train staff
- Ad hoc reports as needed
- Review trading and operations processes for the Company’s real estate division
- Any other functions required as part of the business of the Company
- Bachelor or Master level degree (in accounting, finance, economics)
- Professional accounting designation required (e.g. CPA, CMA, CGA)
- 5+ years public/private accounting experience
- 7+ years real estate experience
- Knowledge and experience in GAAP and IFRS required
- Experience with fair value reporting for real estate investments and debt obligations
- Knowledge of Real Estate Funds
- Experience in reviewing real estate operations and preparation of full sets of financial statements, including notes
- Knowledge and experience in real estate accounting system- Yardi Investment Management module
- Experience with complex consolidation structures
- Knowledge of multi-family and commercial real estate accounting
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of REIT structures and testing
- Experience in Performance Reporting – NCREIF and GIPS(AIMR)
- Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Excel)
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 22:19:03 GMT