Job title: Forestry Program Coordinator
Job description: Under the supervision of the Manager, Forestry and Stewardship, this position will require you to initiate, develop, promote and project coordinate forestry programs/projects across the LSRCA watershed with the assistance of a small staff team. Additionally, you will act as a liaison between LSRCA staff, landowners and stakeholder groups to coordinate the implementation of forest management and afforestation/reforestation initiatives.
What you offer:
- Post-secondary degree in Forestry, Afforestation, Forest Management or Forest Conservation in addition to 3 years of relevant experience.
- Eligible to obtain Ontario Professional Foresters Association (OPFA) membership within 2 years of hire.
- Certification as Managed Forest Plan Approver and Chainsaw Operator a requirement.
- Ontario Tree Marker and Ontario Pesticide Applicator Certifications an asset.
- Hands on experience using tractors, augers and mechanical planting machines.
- Well-developed leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office suite (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and GIS software (ArcGIS).
- A valid Class G driver’s license.
What you will do:
- Implement forest management activities such as stand inventory collection, tree marking, harvest operation supervision, hazard tree inspections, identification and mitigation (removals), invasive species management and road/trail maintenance.
- Implement and manage the LSRCA Managed Forest Tax Incentive Program (MFTIP) and the development of MFTIP plans for other landowners.
- Research, develop and implement new programming to address emerging forest issues (ie. Climate change adaptation, invasive species, carbon sequestration, urban forestry etc.)
- Develop and implement annual workplans, project budget estimates and schedules in addition to developing procurement documents to secure service providers.
- Provide oversight and direction for the development of afforestation and reforestation programs.
- Provide program delivery and staff coordination for 1 full time and up to 5 contract positions, (varies seasonally).
- Represent LSRCA on various stakeholder related committees.
Hours of Work: 35 hour week, 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
Start Date: ASAP
Please apply directly to careers@LSRCA.on.ca, with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA’s Human Resources, referencing Competition #06-2016, by 4:00 pm on March 18, 2016.
The LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Expected salary: $67704 – 79204 per year
Location: Newmarket, ON
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 03:20:20 GMT