Job title: Forester in Training
Job description: Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
We are currently recruiting for a Forester in Training to join our team at our Kootenay Operations (Cranbrook, Elko or Radium) on an initial 12 month contract. This is a developmental role reporting to the Forestry Supervisor, the FIT will initially be focused on all functional forestry areas such as but not limited to planning, permitting, and harvesting operations.
The following core duties for this position are but not limited to:
- Ensure activities are conducted in compliance with all applicable Occupational Health and Safety Requirements, forestry legislation, Canfor’s Environmental Policy, Forestry Principles, and Forestry Management System
- Assist with implementing and sustaining identified efficiencies and cost savings initiatives
- As assigned, assist with required planning activities for the operations to ensure targets are achieve with respect to making planned volumes available
- Assist with ensuring all necessary assessments – stand level archeology, riparian, terrain etc. are completed to facilitate cutting permit application
- As assigned;
- Assist with completing all required permitting and appraisals to meet divisional needs
- Assist with ensuring permitted volume meets all manufacturing facility requirements for profile, fibre quality, and cost.
- Assist with completing all required site plans concurrent to permit submission
- Assist with completing all required road permits and required amendments within appropriate timelines
- Assist with other deliverables as required
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- University Degree or Technical Diploma with a minimum of 2-5 years forestry experience preferred.
- Eligibility for professional designation with the ABCFP.
- Excellent leadership, communication & project management skills, with the ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable B.C. legislation and policies.
- Proficient in using a computer & related software and forestry applications.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Preference may be given to those with extensive experience with:
- Varied experience in Forest Planning, Cutting Permit acquisition and Harvesting, Timber Cruising, Layout and Field Reconnaissance Work
- Fostering positive First Nations relationships
All qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their applications no later than 4:00pm on September 18th, 2020.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
Job Segment: Training, Curriculum, Project Manager, Operations, Education, Technology
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valu…
Location: Houston, BC
Job date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 03:52:10 GMT