Job title: Fibre – Woods Manager
Job description: Are you a Resourcer? / Would you like to come resource the world with us?
As an essential services provider, Veolia helps its customers to improve their energy efficiency, better manage their buildings, their water and wastewater and transform their waste into resources. As Resourcers, we do this 24/7/365 by finding safe, cost-effective and innovative solutions that we provide to our many clients (companies, garages, hospitals, municipalities, etc.). These make us THE global reference in the environment.
To fully participate in Canada’s circular economy, we can count on more than 1500 employees like you! Currently, we are recruiting our next resourcer whose role will be:
Fibre – Woods Manager for our plants located in Fort St. James and Merritt, BC.
- Responsible for fuel supply for both Fort St. James and Merritt Green Energy plants. Works closely with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering functions to achieve optimum plant performance. Meets regularly with plant managers and others to establish fuel supply requirements including quality control, transportation logistics and storage, and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Maintain continuous contact with suppliers with regards to volumes, price and delivery. Seek out new sources of suitable fuel and develop working relationships to increase supply options.
- Establishes and manages fuel supply budgets for separate fuel supply companies (Fuelcos) supplying each plant, including operating and capital budgets. Monitors operating and capital expenditures vs. budgeted expenditures, and investigates variances. Develops and manages long term and short term fuel supply contracts, including transportation and storage requirements.
- Oversees the operation of the bio-energy woodlot license, including sawlog sales and pulp wood purchases.
- Oversees fuel supply operations and inventory management including tracking shipments and quality control measurements.
- Selects and supervises contractors; establishes good work practices and standards for quality of work performed by contactors consistent with the values of the corporation, and periodically inspects work to ensure compliance. Ensures contractor compliance with company safety and environmental policies and procedures. Must observe and comply with all standard safety codes and practices, and ensure work is performed in accordance with regulatory requirements and recognized trade and company standards. Identifies opportunities to improve safety and to prevent accidents and permit violations.
- Monitors cross-department functions to facilitate and improve coordination of plant activities and ensures fuel supply and deliveries are coordinated with planned and emergency equipment shutdowns.
- Works closely with senior staff in the development, implementation, and review of company policies, procedures, guidelines, and financial controls. Provides leadership and direction for implementation of company initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications Requirements and Skills required
University degree in Forestry and/or Forestry Management, or the equivalent in education and experience
RPF or RTF in good standing with the ABCFP
Minimum of ten years directly related experience; intimate knowledge of timber harvesting, processing and hauling operations including fibre supply/demand markets in BC, especially in the forestry regions supplying the Fort St. James and Merritt plants
Clear understanding of the legislative requirements affecting forest management in BC
Proven ability building strong relationships with contractors, communities, First Nations, aboriginal and government agencies
Commitment to health, safety and environmental compliance; familiarity with biomass power plant operations; ability to take initiative, translate business needs into action plans
Evidence of solid leadership ability with a willingness to serve as an active team member; ability to work effectively in conjunction with a variety of people and departments
Ability to develop a budget, project costs and provide costs/benefit analysis
Commitment to customer service/satisfaction and workplace excellence
Ability to remain flexible, problem-solve effectively, and apply fair and consistent conflict resolution skills; high degree of professionalism
Ability to take and give direction, and work independently as well as a member of a team
Detail oriented; ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented attitude, a willingness to acquire new skills and utilize technology to streamline processes, a desire to improve reliability and equipment output and longevity, and the ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve creatively, are essential
Location: Fort St James, BC
Job date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 03:41:06 GMT