Nova Scotia Health Authority
Job title: Environmental Services Worker – Environmental Services
Company: Nova Scotia Health Authority
Job description: Req ID: 65701
Location: Western Zone, Western Kings Memorial Health Centre
Department: 60033891 FMS Environmental Services WKM
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly PT (53% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Support Bargaining Unit – CUPE
Posting Closing Date: 21-Sep-20
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager – Facility Support Services, the Environmental Service Worker maintains a clean, safe, and functional environment for patients, families, staff and visitors.
The Environmental Services Worker is responsible for cleaning all units as assigned, including patient rooms and public areas. This includes but is not limited to: mopping, dusting and vacuuming furniture, floors and stairways, buffing, scrubbing and refinishing floors, moving and arranging furniture and changing curtains and drapes.
The Environmental Services Worker ensures that the principles and practices that guide our work such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills. Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making skills. Demonstrated accountability and responsibility.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, prioritizing and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively under and with minimal supervision and take initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service. Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- This position requires that the incumbent be available for all shifts.
- Travel to other sites may be required.
- Equipment training is provided on the job. Equipment operated includes taski spray buffers, burnishers, auto scrubbers and shampooers.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred.
Please note: Applicants relying on equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalency in their application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent Part-Time 53% position, 39.76 hours bi-weekly.
$17.0054- $17.7140 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Support bargaining unit – CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook –
Location: Berwick, NS
Job date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 05:04:07 GMT