St. Lawrence Seaway
Job title: Engineer – Civil Inspections
Company: St. Lawrence Seaway
Job description: Location: Brossard
Province: Quebec (CA-QC)
The Engineer – Civil Inspections is responsible for the development and execution of inspections of the Corporations’s civil assets, and fixed and movable bridges, to ensure the integrity of the Corporations’s structures to meet operating requirements and ensuring the reliability of the Seaway system.
- Responsible for the delivery of all technical engineering deliverables/tasks to achieve project objectives within specified timelines and budgets.
- Drive the Corporation’s Inspection Program for civil infrastructure, bridges, and submerged structures in order to determine the condition of structures and equipment.
- Conduct inspections, assessments, feasibility studies, and various analyses related to the maintenance and operation of civil assets.
- Examine causes, consequences, frequency and operational risks of failures, make recommendations for corrective work, special inspections and instrumentation, and do the necessary follow-up.
- Recommend regular maintenance and major remedial work, including cost estimates, execution timelines and follow up.
- Ensure follow-up to the Inspection Program by leveraging personnel, equipment, external companies and any other activity that will be required to carry out the work.
- Provide expert assistance in Civil Engineering, and participate in the medium and long term planning of infrastructure maintenance.
- Prepare budgets and manage expenditures within approved limits.
- Provide support to operational safety programs and initiatives, and ensure application of health, safety and environmental standards meet legislated requirements and company policy.
- Managing Risk
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Solving Complex Problems
- Results Focus
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Civil Engineering
- Reliability Engineering
- Inspection and Maintenance Procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both official languages
- Proficiency in applicable computer applications, tools and related office software (Microsoft Office, SAP, etc.)
Experience and knowledge
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant civil engineering experience in inspection, assessment and rehabilitation of civil structures including at least three (3) years in bridge engineering.
- Comprehensive understanding of bridge inspection standards and codes.
- Knowledge of structural analysis software.
- Thorough knowledge of inspection standards, project management practices and safety codes.
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes and quality control activities.
- General understanding of budget management and financial controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer license in the Province of Ontario (PEO) or Member of l’Ordre des ingéneurs du Québec
- Valid Class G (ON) or Class 5 (QC) driver’s license and insurable driving record
Projected Start Date: September 20th, 2020
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
The St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation endorses the principles of Employment Equity.
Location: Brossard, QC
Job date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 07:54:36 GMT