Job title: Education Liaison
Job description: **Please Note: This position is dependent upon external funding, yet to be received by the OFAH **
Potential Start Date: November 6, 2017
Contract End Date: March 31, 2018
Contract Duration: 21 weeks
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Peterborough, ON
Rate of Pay: To be determined
Number of Positions: 1
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) is currently searching for a hard-working, motivated individual to assist with our Invading Species Awareness Program (ISAP). The Education Liaison will attend conferences and educational shows across Ontario, promoting and supporting the ISAP with public education and awareness on invasive species. This individual will also develop and revise creative and hands-on curriculum; and research, design and produce educational and promotional materials.
– Attend and provide support to community events and/or conduct presentations to various community organizations;
– Review existing invasive species curriculum kits and lesson plans and identify opportunities for updating these resources;
– Develop and promote original, creative and hands-on curriculum linked to educational programs for high school students (grade nine);
– Research, design and produce educational and promotional materials for curriculum and workshops;
– Connect with local school boards, and similar agencies to engage teacher, informal educators, administrators and school board officials in the ISAP to increase presence of invasive species programming in their classrooms/schools;
– Coordinate mailings to disseminate program information and materials on invasive species to school boards and educational institutions;
– Develop, deliver and promote invasive species outreach programs including the grade four curriculum “Making Waves” and the grade six curriculum “Invasive Species: A Biodiversity Challenge”; and
– Network with partners to develop invasive species contact lists.
Education and Qualifications:
– Bachelor of Education is required; and
– A minimum of one year of education experience would be an asset.
Required Skills and Experience:
– Knowledge of invasive species affecting local environments;
– Plant, fish, and invertebrate identification skills;
– Experience networking with teachers, school boards, resource professionals/agencies and engaging students/volunteers/public in invading species awareness;
– Essential written and oral communication skills, including experience with curriculum development and conveying information to the public (e.g., presentations to students, school boards);
– Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision; and
– Ability to work flexible hours and long distance travel.
– Applicants must have a valid driver’s license (Class G), valid passport, emergency first aid with level A CPR & AED certification (as a minimum), criminal record check, and OFAH membership.
Please forward in one document a cover letter, résumé and two references indicating how your skills and qualifications meet each of the requirements of this position to:
Attention: Sophie Monfette, Invading Species Awareness Program Coordinator
Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
The deadline for applications is October 19, 2017 @ 11:59PM
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is an equal opportunity and accessible employer.
The OFAH is committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Julie Young, Human Resources at 705-748-6324 x245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Location: Peterborough, ON
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 05:45:03 GMT