Job title: Controls Engineer/Manufacturing Systems Engineer
Company: Molson Coors
Job description: Requisition ID: 10728
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at the Molson Coors Beverage Company is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re Talent Brewers – we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Controls Engineer / Brewery Systems Manager working in Frazier Valley Brewery (Canada) you will be part of the Information Technology team. The person will provide technical expertise and competencies to deliver and sustain manufacturing systems solutions in use at the Brewery; incorporating agreed/standard technologies and to attain industry leadership through innovation and optimization. The Brewery Systems Manager provides technical and operational support for manufacturing execution systems and automation technology projects in the brewery. The position provides support for manufacturing capital projects, manufacturing systems, brewery systems infrastructure and budgetary responsibility for brewery systems.
The Brewery Systems Manager leads and manages a team of System Engineers and technical staff responsible for manufacturing system implementation and sustainment. The Brewery Systems Manager collaborates with Engineering, EHS, Corporate Brewing and Innovation, and other Brewery Manufacturing Systems groups to optimize manufacturing processes, systems and technologies. The Brewery Systems Manager collaborates within IT to generate and enforce Molson Coors IT practices and standards.
The Brewery Systems Manager implements the Manufacturing Systems and Technology Strategy and ensures alignment and support of the Brewery’s and Molson Coors Operations strategy. Provides support to manufacturing systems projects to deliver defined business case outcomes (value, budget and schedule). The Brewery Systems Manager ensures that Brewery IT problems and issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner aligned with agreed service levels.
The Brewery Systems Manager is responsible for the safety and quality standards that are enabled by Brewery Systems, ensuring the systems enforce all rules, regulations, policies, programs and related Molson Coors SQF guidelines.
- Responsible for managing IT capital and expense budget for Brewery IT
- Provides brewery IT support, functions as IT trusted advisor to Brewery leadership team
- Leads by influence – a team of Manufacturing System Engineers to deliver and sustain manufacturing execution and automation systems for Brewery operations
- Leads IT change management for brewery systems and ensures effectiveness of change control procedures
- Supports brewery and corporate project deliver that impacts brewery IT
- Manages and sustains brewery IT systems
- Develops and implements brewery IT systems strategy aligned with Molson Coors IT Strategy
- Ensures effective management and resolution for problems and incidents
- Supports brewery safety, energy and environmental initiatives
- Leads team performance, talent, and career management and creates a culture of employee engagement
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer, Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of practical experience in leading manufacturing systems projects and teams, participating in the systems and architecture design activities associated with developing, designing and implementing manufacturing systems capital projects. I.E. PLC – Programming Logics Control, Rockwell Automation system
- You have advanced technical and practical application experience with manufacturing execution, automation and controls, manufacturing KPI reporting systems is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to effectively express complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Business experience in manufacturing, warehousing or process control, that includes working closely with IT in the development and implementation of medium to large-scale integrated systems
- Excellent presentation skills and enthusiasm for case-building
- Ability to lead team efforts with both internal and external resources.
- Capability to utilize internal, external and consultant resources to achieve set objectives and/or complete projects
- Knowledge and experience supporting Brewmaxx, Proficy, Proleit (Rockwell), Historian, and SAP
- General knowledge and acquired know-how in:
Automation control systems
Brewing, Packaging, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution
Facility planning and design
Safety, Health and Environmental
Work Perks You Need to Know About:
As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe.
We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment.
Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and retirement benefits.
Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 06:52:19 GMT