Job title: Civil / Construction Materials Technician / Technologist
Job description: Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure has multiple vacancies for Civil/ Construction Materials Technicians/ Technologists for our 2020 Construction Field Season. We offer an excellent remuneration package with benefits, extensive safety training, and opportunities for diverse experiences and professional development based in Dartmouth, NS.
We are looking for dedicated individuals with aptitude in hands on practicality and knowledge of basic engineering properties and interested in working in a state of the art AASHTO and CSA certified testing facility. The successful candidate will perform routine field and/or laboratory materials testing, collect field samples of soils and construction materials and perform a wide variety of tests to determine acceptability of materials based on engineering properties.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or a related field
- Minimum of 6 months experience with materials testing experience is not required but experience in the construction industry would be beneficial
- Training will be provided to the successful candidates in the field best suited to their skills
- All candidates must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good communication skills and detailed reporting skills
- Eligibility to obtain a Nova Scotia Driver’s License – required
- Ability to travel and work on out-of-town projects (hotel stays), if required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Job date: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 22:20:40 GMT