Job title: Branch Manager, Community Branch Network
Company: Hub International
Job description: THE OPPORTUNITY
As a Branch Manager you will delivering exceptional client experience and sales excellence, through training, coaching, mentoring and motivating employees. We are seeking an individual with strong people and financial skills to join our Surrey (Newton) Branch in a Regular Full-Time position.
Our Newton Branch is located in the heart of Surrey centrally located near transit, shopping centers and all other amenities.
By joining HUB International, you would be instrumental in helping build an innovative, client-focused approach and culture. Choose a career with HUB and create a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and celebrated success.
To find associated positions at our HUB simply search myHUBbc as a keyword in the search bar on our !
HUB INTERNATIONAL – FIND YOUR PASSION
Career development and advancement is important to you, and to us. As the largest insurance broker in Canada, and 5th largest broker worldwide, HUB is growing by 15% each year on average, positioning you for longevity and success.
We’ve developed a friendly, passionate and entrepreneurial-focused culture, allowing you to share and learn alongside your fellow experts and colleagues. We offer in-house educational development as well as paid educational opportunities, so that you can further develop your leadership skillset and industry knowledge.
To support your career at HUB, our flexible benefits plan allows you to choose the benefits make sense for you, your family and your lifestyle.
As Branch Manager you will:
- Develop annual business plan to meet targets, and maximize every opportunity, for all lines of business in the branch
- Monitor P&L statements and take appropriate corrective action when necessary to ensure targets are met
- Assess local market and identify current and prospective opportunities to obtain new clients
- Ensure an excellent and consistent client service experience
- Participate actively in both the business and industry communities to build a network of contacts that improve the presence and reputation of the branch and organization
Talent Management Responsibilities
- Provide a positive work environment that attracts, retains and motivates talent
- Support the team of talent to achieve their highest performance potential
- Performance manage employees when needed
- Provide and encourage development
- Identify and develop future leadership talent (Supervisors, Leads, Managers)
- Onboard and orient new talent to successfully engage new employees
- Manage all operational aspects of the branch
- Ensure the safekeeping of all company assets in the branch
- Ensure consistent and effective application of all corporate policies and procedures as they apply to the business or to the employees
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
As the successful candidate, you will bring:
- A Level 2 General Insurance License and are actively pursuing a Level 3 License
- A minimum 3 years’ experience managing a department or branch
- An ability to work collaboratively with direct reports, colleagues and front line talent to create a results driven and team oriented environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- A passion and firm understanding of business and financials
- The ability to plan and manage at the operational, branch level
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive compensation with industry-leading benefits for you and your family.
- NEW! Flexible health, dental and lifestyle benefit options
- Comprehensive tuition financing
- Support for your career-related training and development.
- A place to belong, where your ideas matter, and values drive decisions.
- An empowering environment where you will be provided with the right tools and support to deliver exceptional client service.
- Mileage reimbursement for vehicle use (if applicable)
- Flexible hours to promote work-life balance
WHAT DO WE VALUE?
Entrepreneurship – We encourage innovation and educated risk-tasking.
Integrity – We do the right thing, every time.
Teamwork – We work together to maximize results.
Accountability – We measure and take responsibility for outcomes.
Service – We serve our customers, communities and colleagues.
Department General Management
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Some college (no degree)
Location: Surrey, BC
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 22:16:58 GMT