Job title: Banking & Receivables Clerk
Company: Civic Info
Job description: Banking & Receivables Clerk
Finance & Technology – Financial Services
Regular Full time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$30.48 to $32.42 per hour
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on November 17, 2020, but will remain open until filled
The Banking & Receivables Clerk has oversight of cash processing sites for CRD, CRHC and CRHD and also provides accounting support to a number of areas. This position prepares and delivers daily bank deposits, processes related cash/banking information and performs a variety of billing, collection, accounting reconciliations, data processing and account collection duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that daily bank deposits reconcile, are timely, and comply with approved policies and procedures.
- Calculates, reconciles and prepares monthly worksheets for CRD short term borrowing.
- Trains, supports and problem-solves cash desk cash systems across the CRD.
- Administers POS system, resolving any associated problems.
- Prepares various GL accounts reconciliations.
- Administers SSI Transit revenues.
- Ensures automatic billing and collection of preauthorized debits on a monthly basis.
- Processes payments from banking institutions daily into SAP Utilities, A/R applications, and Tempest.
- Prepares, reconciles and posts journal entries and transactions.
- Initiates collection action for NSF cheques, return chargeback items to cash collection sites.
- Collects and allocates monthly Development Cost Charges received from municipalities.
- Performs daily download and clears electronic banking from CRD remote customers.
- Performs data processing associated with offsite bank deposits, revenue collection activities and invoices.
- Provides training and support relating to internal controls including banking policies and procedures
- Provides year end accounting support as required.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Diploma in Accounting and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience or equivalent.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and customer service skills are required.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various computer word processing, spreadsheet and project scheduling programs and databases.
- Experience working in an accounting position processing electronic bank deposits for a large multi-site organization.
- Experience working in a highly computerized environment, performing accounts receivable billings and preparing AR & GL account reconciliations.
- Experience in processing financial transactions on an enterprise system such as SAP, with a high degree of speed and accuracy.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and intermediate accounting.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures for processing revenue, cash, accounts receivable systems, and GST/PST.
- Understanding of and experience using computerized ERP systems such as SAP.
- Knowledge and understanding of sub-ledgers and how they translate to general ledgers.
- Experience with data from external accounting systems (such as PerfectMind and Tempest) and banking applications.
- Understanding of the principles of accounts receivable systems and account collection.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion and organize workloads.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at under “ ”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Region: Professional Categories:
Posted: November 2, 2020, 4:18 pm
Expires: November 17, 2020, 4:00 pm
Want Jobs like this sent to you?
Our Service Partner
Expected salary: $30.48 – 32.42 per hour
Location: Victoria, BC
Job date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 01:52:13 GMT